Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: change of Orbi ownership

sak1
Follower

change of Orbi ownership

I am giving my orbi system to my son for his new apartment.  I deactivated the orbi from my account and installed the orbi at his place, but now when he tries to register it under his name it says that the serial number is already active and it won't let him proceed with the installation.  It has been about 18 hours since I deactivated the Orbi in MyNetgear.com account.  I have read the Orbi owners manual from cover to cover and can find no information on how to deal with this problem.  

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
walkerx
Guide

@sak1 wrote:

I am giving my orbi system to my son for his new apartment.  I deactivated the orbi from my account and installed the orbi at his place, but now when he tries to register it under his name it says that the serial number is already active and it won't let him proceed with the installation.  It has been about 18 hours since I deactivated the Orbi in MyNetgear.com account.  I have read the Orbi owners manual from cover to cover and can find no information on how to deal with this problem.  

see this thread

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you phone contact NG support and ask for help regarding this.

@sak1 wrote:

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @sak1

Please PM me your name, email address and device serial number. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7