Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cheapest extension for RBR50

csmba15
Tutor

cheapest extension for RBR50

I have RBR50 with 2 units, works well. but my kids room is far and gets weak signal. what ist he best cheap option to extend my setup? I figured the plugin RBW30 but

1/ it will work, right?

2/ why it is so expensive? I can't find it easily is it on the way out and is there a newer/better/cheaper option?

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: cheapest extension for RBR50

My personal pick is the RBS40BV which Amazon has been selling for $100US. (Perhaps they want to push the "Alexa" voice feature? It does not have to be activated, although I confess that I have turned it on to play music while I exercise.)

Message 2 of 4
alokeprasad
Mentor

In the interest of full disclosure, the RBS40V ($100) is an AC2200 device and will be marginally slower than the $240 RBS50 (an AC3000 device).  The difference won't be noticable for almost all usage conditions.

The bang for the buck definitely favors RBS40V.

Message 3 of 4
csmba15
Tutor

Thanks, feels weired to get when it seems that RBW30 should be the cheaper/better option for what I need.. it feels that you take away the speaker and it should be cheaper no?

sad netgear is pricing the simple satelight so high... I can't find the RBW30 anywhere so I guess I should just get the RBS40V...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7