Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

combining multple orbi routers

sfkevinm
Aspirant

combining multple orbi routers

The Costco promotion on rkb53 packages of Orbi router and two satellites seems like a good value for my needs.  Sort of a triad or L configuration with internet at one end. There is AC and metal interference in the middle.  I know I can sync the additional satellites to the primary orbi router.  Can I put the additional routers in WAP mode to get some use out of them or use some other configuration for the additional orbi routers?

Would running them though a switch make things any easier or would I be experiencing double/triple NAT?  Source is a Surfboard on Xfinity. Have Netgear and Zyxel switches available.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: combining multple orbi routers

The RBRs can only run in router or AP mode. Can't be used as a satellite. You can use the 2nd RBR as wired AP, however would need to use channels far apart from the 1st RBR, i.e. channel 1 for the 1st RBR and channel 11 for the 2nd RBR in AP mode. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7