Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: connect Orbi rbk50 as router with At&t pace 5031nv

rudky
Aspirant

connect Orbi rbk50 as router with At&t pace 5031nv

hi all,

I want to use the parental control in ORB RBR50. I am using AT&T DSL Pace 5031NV which is a combo of modem and router. I follow the following instructions to connect my Rbr50 with the Pace:

"1. Set your ORBI router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP (This should be ON by default and you don't need to do anything if connecting a brand new Orbi and you have not re-configured anything). This is required at first so that the Pace recognizes your router.
2. Plug your router's WAN interface to one of the Pace's LAN interfaces.
3. Restart your router, let it get an IP address via DHCP.
4. Log into the Pace interface ( http://192.168.1.254). Go to Settings -> Firewall -> Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ
5. Select your Netgear Orbi router under section (1) in the list of devices (192.168.1.1 is the typical IP of the Orbi).
6. Click the DMZ+ button under section (2).
7. Click the Save button. You will be asked for a password which is on the sticker on the side of the Pace device.

"

however I'm stuck at step 5, I could not see my ORB on the list. I see sone other devices in my house though, such as my iphone my ipad, etc.

I guess I need to make sure Step1 is correct.

I already log in orbilogin. what should I do to set my ORBI router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP as the instruction.?

Thanks Rudky.

PS

@FURRYe38, I see some of your answers on orbi, hopefully you can help me on this issue. many thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

"5. Select your Netgear Orbi router under section (1) in the list of devices (192.168.1.1 is the typical IP of the Orbi)." 

The IP address would be what the IP address the modem gives the RBRs WAN port when connected. Not 192.168.1.1...

Look on the modems connected clients list for the IP address the RBR is being given on it's WAN port. 

I see that your modem is using 192.168.1.### as well so the RBR maybe using 10.0.0.1 on the LAN side of the RBR...

Message 2 of 5
rudky
Aspirant

thanks @FURRYe38 the problem is my Modem does not recognize ORBI. i look at firewall/ Pinholes and DMZ...  of my Pace modem and  I don't see my ORbi in the list. it lists out a list of computers for me to choose: my iphone, ipad names but not ORBi. it also lists something like MAC addresses but they are not My ORbi MAC address.

1. I would like to set my  ORBI router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP. how can I do it?
Thanks

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@rudky wrote:

thanks @FURRYe38 the problem is my Modem does not recognize ORBI. i look at firewall/ Pinholes and DMZ...  of my Pace modem and  I don't see my ORbi in the list. it lists out a list of computers for me to choose: my iphone, ipad names but not ORBi. it also lists something like MAC addresses but they are not My ORbi MAC address.

1. I would like to set my  ORBI router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP. how can I do it?
Thanks

@FURRYe38is correct that the PACE router should assign the Orbi an IP address beginning with 192.168.1.  It is really unlikely that it wil be 192.168.1.1 becasue the PACE router has probably assigned that IP address to itself as the "gateway" IP to the internet.

The Orbi will then create a different private IP space for devices connected to the Orbi, and 10.0.0 is the usual private IP adress that it chooses.

I would connect a computer (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) directly to the Orbi router (not to the PACE) and see if it can reach the internet. Computers with an ethernet cord can be connected directly.  WiFi devices can be connected to the Orbi WiFi that is printed on the product label. If the device has internet, then the Orbi obviously has connected to the PACE.

On that computer  look in the network settings to find the IP gateway address.

(My guess is it will be 10.0.0.1)

Open a web browser and connect to the gateway (i.e. http://10.0.0.1)  The login should be "admin" and "password".  Click on the "Internet" icon and it will open a page showing the IP address that was assigned by the PACE.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7