Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: connecting satellites to a new orbi router

stevelawton
Follower

connecting satellites to a new orbi router

My old Orbi Router died & I had it replaced through Netgear warranty.  Got the replacement and I can't get the satelites to connect to the new router.  I hit the synch buttons on all of them, the LED rings on the satelites & router all blinks white for a minute or so & then nothing happens - says no satelites detected.  I know they are close enough because they were connected to the old router.  Do I need to reset the satelites or something?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

By "hit the sync button" you mean pressed the sync button on a satellite and then pressed the sync button on the router?

If that didn't work, then yes, I would reset the satellite and try again.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be able to sync RBSs while in the same room as the RBR initially. Then after getting them setup, place out in there remote locations. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

@stevelawton wrote:

My old Orbi Router died & I had it replaced through Netgear warranty.  Got the replacement and I can't get the satelites to connect to the new router.  I hit the synch buttons on all of them, the LED rings on the satelites & router all blinks white for a minute or so & then nothing happens - says no satelites detected.  I know they are close enough because they were connected to the old router.  Do I need to reset the satelites or something?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7