Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

connection issues with iMac (MacOS Mojave) and Laserjet Pro MFP

anderer
Follower

connection issues with iMac (MacOS Mojave) and Laserjet Pro MFP

Quite often, I cannot print from my iMac to the LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw, because I get the message, that there is no connection between the iMac and the LaserJet. Both devices show a very good connection to the ORBI RBR 50, however.

I then have to restart the printer, hoping that it connects. Now, I found out, that the iMac connects to the 5 GHz net, whereas the printer connects to the 2.4 GHz net. Might this be a potential reason for the connection problems? How could it be fixed?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Fl1ntstone
Apprentice

Re: connection issues with iMac (MacOS Mojave) and Laserjet Pro MFP

Hello,

It looks like the printer only works at 2.4Ghz but your iMac will work on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz but looks like it is being 'bandsteered' to use 5GHz. Some how you will need to force your iMac to use the 2.4Ghz band?

CheerZ

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: connection issues with iMac (MacOS Mojave) and Laserjet Pro MFP

Set a reserved IP address for the printer ON the RBR. Then point the PC to this IP address. 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are on the same WLAN side network so frequency doesn't matter here. 

@anderer wrote:

Quite often, I cannot print from my iMac to the LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw, because I get the message, that there is no connection between the iMac and the LaserJet. Both devices show a very good connection to the ORBI RBR 50, however.

I then have to restart the printer, hoping that it connects. Now, I found out, that the iMac connects to the 5 GHz net, whereas the printer connects to the 2.4 GHz net. Might this be a potential reason for the connection problems? How could it be fixed?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7