Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

considering buying a Netgear Orbi RB53 but wonder if I can set up to work with VPN service from (PIA

vng2000
Follower

considering buying a Netgear Orbi RB53 but wonder if I can set up to work with VPN service from (PIA

Hi Considering to get a Netgear Orbi RBK53 but wonder if I can set it so I channel all internet traffic from the outside world to my LAN/WAN thru a an account with PIA (Private Internet Access).  I know there are some modems which you can flash DD-WRT and set it up that way but wonder if the Orbi is capable of doing so without the need to flash anything?  I am looking at the fact that is a whole system so satellite repeaters may not work?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
rhester72
Virtuoso

Re: considering buying a Netgear Orbi RB53 but wonder if I can set up to work with VPN service from

Orbi won't support something like that out of the box - you'd need to have a router in front of it managing the VPN client and routing and have Orbi working as a basic AP.

Rodney

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
rhester72
Virtuoso

Re: considering buying a Netgear Orbi RB53 but wonder if I can set up to work with VPN service from

Orbi won't support something like that out of the box - you'd need to have a router in front of it managing the VPN client and routing and have Orbi working as a basic AP.

Rodney

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7