Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: create subnet for smart home devices on Orbi

barehead
Follower

create subnet for smart home devices on Orbi

I need assist to create a subnet for smart home devices on Orbi (both wired and wife devices such as Roku, Harmony Hub, Echo) that is different from the subnet that we use for phones and PCs. I read the manual, could not find this topic addressed. I created a Guest wifi SSID and have some devices on it, and would like to be have some wired devices (via Orbi physical ports) and those on the Guest wifi to be on one subnet, and phones and PCs on a non-Guest subnet.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
st_shaw
Master

Orbi doesn't support this type of segregation. I don't think any of the Netgear home routers support this.  This is typically done using VLANs and offered on routers and wireless access points intended for business use.

Message 2 of 3
Sparty56884
Aspirant

I can connect my harmony hub to my protected main network on my Orbi, but am unable to connect it to my guest Network. I also put my Roku, Chromecast, Amazon fire stick on my guest Network. A bit frustrated with that.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7