Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

daisy chain RBR40

wifiblues
Luminary

daisy chain RBR40

hi

we live in NYC - neighbors to the left, right, below, and above - all with wifi.

in our space, we use a RBR40, two RBS20, and an outdoor Orbi 50.

our squarefootage is over 2000 plus outdoor roof.

i enabled Daisy Chain with the hope that the router would signal the satellite and the satellite would signal next satellite then the outdoor satellite.

the app shows a different line - Orbi Router lines to the two satellites then one of the satellites lines to the outdoor unit.

fast roaming is enabled

beamforming and MuMIMO are both disabled.

looking for opinions if this is set up correctly or maybe i do not need two use both indoor satellites.

also, recently the app shows one of the satellites with a yellow dot but the satellite is not glowing orange.

i am up to date on the firmware across the router and satellites.

thanks,

wifiblues

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
vajim
Master

Re: daisy chain RBR40

@wifiblues wrote:

thanks for sharing the article - if the RBSY50 is outside and furthest away from the router, does it make sense to enable Daisychain?  

yes...I believe the Daisychain feature is enabled by default

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
vajim
Master

have you checked your network via pc login?

Message 2 of 10
wifiblues
Luminary

hi vajim,

i have checked by logging into the admin online - at first it shows poor then refreshes to good.  Does the mapping on the app show illustrate the daisy chain?

thanks...wifiblues

Message 3 of 10
vajim
Master

@wifiblues wrote:

hi vajim,

i have checked by logging into the admin online - at first it shows poor then refreshes to good.  Does the mapping on the app show illustrate the daisy chain?

thanks...wifiblues

I'm not sure.  for more help with the app you may want to post your questions here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Message 4 of 10
wifiblues
Luminary

thanks - i will post the app question there - i do have another question that i've been thinking about.  

here is the example - let's say i have a mobile device and i move from one area to another - like going up to the roof from indoors - should the wifi connection on the device move from one satellite to another?  is that what daisy chain is about?  if it is not daisy chain, then is there a setting that allows for that?

thanks,

wifiblues

Message 5 of 10
vajim
Master

Message 6 of 10
wifiblues
Luminary

thanks for sharing the article - if the RBSY50 is outside and furthest away from the router, does it make sense to enable Daisychain?  

Message 7 of 10
vajim
Master

@wifiblues wrote:

yes...I believe the Daisychain feature is enabled by default

Message 8 of 10
wifiblues
Luminary

here is my next question - what is the solve for poor backhaul on a satellite?

is it distance from the router and what if the poor backhaul does not go away by moving the satellites around?

Message 9 of 10
vajim
Master

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7