Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: dropped bandwidth on Orbi RBR50 with cm1000 modem

jb2020
Aspirant

dropped bandwidth on Orbi RBR50 with cm1000 modem

Within the last few weeks i have noticed detegration on internet bandwidth. 

i get 700mb from Comcast and i am only getting 258mb wired to router. 

I confirmed signal with comcast and on CM1000, as best i could. 

If i run a speed test on the Orbi routher (orbilogin.com) i get 690mb. 

when i run speed test from any computer pluged in i get 250-290mb, i am also noticing Skype and MS Team meetings i can not use voice.

It appears to be the lan port on the router, but cant tell i am going to get a new lan cabe cat 7. 

I did find the http://orbilogin.com/QOS_main.htm setup, but you cant save anything, not sure if that is a sign of a problem as well. 

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Swap LAN cables between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. 

I would power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds then back ON. Factory reset the RBR and RBS and use a wired PC and walk thru the setup wizard. TURN OFF ALL other devices. Just the 1 wired PC. After completing the setup wizard, do not enable or run the speed test on the RBR. Also do not enable Armor, Circle, Access Controls or Traffic Meter. These seem to slow speeds down. Use Ooklas installable speed test app for Windows/Mac and run a speed test there. Test with a different PC to to compare. 

QOS_Main.htm is not supported on Orbi systems. 

I get this with my RBR50 with v15 FW loaded:

900Mbps_v2.5.1.16.png

@jb2020 wrote:

Within the last few weeks i have noticed detegration on internet bandwidth. 

i get 700mb from Comcast and i am only getting 258mb wired to router. 

I confirmed signal with comcast and on CM1000, as best i could. 

If i run a speed test on the Orbi routher (orbilogin.com) i get 690mb. 

when i run speed test from any computer pluged in i get 250-290mb, i am also noticing Skype and MS Team meetings i can not use voice.

It appears to be the lan port on the router, but cant tell i am going to get a new lan cabe cat 7. 

I did find the http://orbilogin.com/QOS_main.htm setup, but you cant save anything, not sure if that is a sign of a problem as well. 

Message 2 of 5
jb2020
Aspirant

Thank you for the detailed instructions, i did this 2 times. 

I confirmed with Xfinity and good to modem - router is 690-700.

I did buy cat6 cables for everything. 

Followed instructions as stated, factory reset. 

one laptop hardwired i get 236mb

second laptop hardwired, i get 312mb

I did them one at time, with only one plugged in. 

i installed the windows app as you stated and now i am seeing consistent speeds with the router......Not sure why the web and https://speedtest.xfinity.com/ are so low compared to installed app.

Joe

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible there site is not working as it should. 

Also I noticed different results with using web browsers for doing speeds tests. Sometimes there ads embedded with in the speed test site can cuase inaccurate results as well. Why I like using the speed test installable app vs browser based speed test sites. It's more accurate. 

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Why would anyone post a pic of their speed results/installed firmware?    

Aren't home networks different? ISP service plans, number of devices connected,numbers of family members, etc?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7