Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ethernet Backhault

FoxyFoxster
Aspirant

ethernet Backhault

Om de ethernet Backhault te installeren met een RBK23 is er bij de Router slechts 1 ethernet aansluiting (in tegenstelling met de RBK52 waar 3 ethernet aansluitingen zijn). Dus om alle twee satelieten te verbinden MOET je wel via een switch werken. Is dit wel een "correct" werkende backhault dan? Moet die switch "gereserveerd" worden voor de backhault of kunnen de andere ethernet aansluitingen ook gebruikt worden (voor bvb netwerkprinter aan te sluiten). Wie weet oplossing voor deze vraag? Dank voor reply grts

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ethernet Backhault

Message 2 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

You can use a switch to connect both to the router, or connect router to satellite, then satellite to satellite

Message 3 of 5
FoxyFoxster
Aspirant

In English as asked...

The RBK23 (20) has only 1 ethernet box - so if you want a ethernet backhault with 2 satelites you HAVE to use a swith to connect. (RBK53 has 3 ethernet box for connecting). Is this a "correct way" to have a ethernet backhault with the RBK23? Must the switch be dedicated to connect with satelites or can the other ethernet box be used for f.i. a network printer??

thx for reply...

Message 4 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@FoxyFoxster wrote:

In English as asked...

The RBK23 (20) has only 1 ethernet box - so if you want a ethernet backhault with 2 satelites you HAVE to use a swith to connect. (RBK53 has 3 ethernet box for connecting). Is this a "correct way" to have a ethernet backhault with the RBK23? Must the switch be dedicated to connect with satelites or can the other ethernet box be used for f.i. a network printer??

thx for reply...

The RBR20 router has 1 WAN port and 1 LAN port. You wouyld plug a switch into the LAN port, which will give you more ports, depending on what size switch you buy. You can plug the satellites and other non orbi devices into the switch as well. My home system has a large netgear GB switch connected to my Orbi router. From there I connect to TVs, printers, VOIP system PCs, Stereo, etc. as well as connected to 2 other Orbi satellites. Then my home office space has a smaller switch connected to the satellite in my office, for printer, cameras, PC, cellphone smart cell, etc.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7