Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

extend Orbi from office shed to house

boatshark
Aspirant

extend Orbi from office shed to house

I have an Office in my backyard shed with Xfinity services coming in to a Surfboard SB6190 modem connected to my Orbi RBK50 router with ethernet connections to 2 devices in the office.  I have tried with extremely limited success to get a stable wireless network in to my house.  The shed is about 10 feet from the house, which is CBS (concrete) construction. I originally had my satellite in the center of my home, about 50 feet away, and had very poor coverage that would float in an out.  I decided to move my satellite on to my covered porch and purchase a RBK30 and daisy chain the satellites.  Now the 1st satellite is approximately 25 feet from the router and the new 2nd satellite is 10 feet away inside the house.  There is no improvement.  Can anyone help me stabilze the network??

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: extend Orbi from office shed to house

Hello boatshark

If you have a ethernet connection in the shed you can use the ethernet backhaul on orbi with any of the 2.1 or higher firmware and connect a satellite in the office itself.

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
boatshark
Aspirant

Re: extend Orbi from office shed to house

Thanks, I'llgive it a try.  Since the Router and satellite are in 2 physical locations do you think using a powerline ethernet bridge will work to connect the 2 devices?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7