Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

feature suggestions

Profaniter
Tutor

feature suggestions

okay I just want to share some of the features that I liked from Google Wifi to be on these Orbi AC3000 for router and satellites. 

For LED indicators, I would like this to be possible on the next firmware update. Because with Google Wifi, if solid teal, it means connection is ready to use and ready to go, if blue, it means not in connection, if it's blinking red, no connection detected. So I thought this would be great for Orbi, because I have no ways of knowing if they're connected or disconnected. This is my wish. I did look at another post, it looks like they did release beta firmware for LED control, what does that mean? 

I would also like to know which router or satellite that my devices are connected to. I wish the app would show which one of the two that my device are connected to. Google Wifi would tell you which one of the three pucks your devices are connected to and that is really nice. 

I would also like to see if they can add advanced settings in the app, Google Wifi has that already. so you would have options to configure advanced settings within the app or on web browser. 

it would be great if they can add "mesh quality" so to test to see if router and satellite are in good range with each other. 

how do I know if Satellite is ON? is there a way to check to see if Satellite is on and connected?

So all these ideas I just suggested, that's from Google Wifi, but I'm sure Netgear can think of something to add these in the future updates. I just got it yesterday and I love it so far. 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: feature suggestions

Thanks for the great suggestions I will pass these on to the engineers.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7