Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

great opportunity to buy RBK53

alokeprasad
Mentor

great opportunity to buy RBK53

I apologize if this is in violation of the rules here.  And fully understand if you remove this post.

Woot has a great (very limited time) price on RBK53 (router plus 2 satellites of AC3000), new, for $320 + taxes.

RBK53 for $ 320 

Great opportunity if you wanted to add a satellite or install at a parent or friend's house.

Also, a strong hint that this product is probably getting discontinued sometime in not too distant future (it is entering the discount sale market). - Purely my speculation.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
woodzy68
Initiate

Re: great opportunity to buy RBK53

Exactly what i did... worked fine.
Just plug in one of the new satellites and then run the "add satellite" from the settings menu in your current Orbi App...

I then sold the remaining router and satellite and they had no problems.

I'm not even sure they came paired; distant memory of setting up my original Orbi was that it went through the "add satellite" process.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
alokeprasad
Mentor

I presume that these 3 units will come pre-configured with the same network password and SSID.

I already have a RBK50 (1 satellite) set up in my house.  If I buy this RBK53, can I easily use one of its 2 satellites in my house, with my current RBK50 setup?  Mix-and-match satellites from an RBK-50 and an RBK53 packages, so to speak.

I plan to install the remaining (router+ 1 satellite) from the RBK53 (bought now on sale) at my in-law's house.  Their house is smaller and can do with  1 satellite.

Message 2 of 3
woodzy68
Initiate

Exactly what i did... worked fine.
Just plug in one of the new satellites and then run the "add satellite" from the settings menu in your current Orbi App...

I then sold the remaining router and satellite and they had no problems.

I'm not even sure they came paired; distant memory of setting up my original Orbi was that it went through the "add satellite" process.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7