Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: guest network

dchbbc
Apprentice

guest network

I have a RBR40 with 3 satellites. I'm not sure why this model doesn't show up as a choice. I made a guest network. I have it disabled but I want to delete it completely. I can't find how to do this. Any help?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry.  I know of no way to "eliminate" the Guest network from Orbi's setup pages.  Generally, options can be disabled, but not made to "go away" from the Administrative controls.  When Guest network is disabled, the Orbi not accept connections.  As far as devices are concerned, it doesn't exist.  As an example, when I decide to put my Orbi in AP mode and not provide IP addresses through DHCP, all of the DHCP options remain in the web interface.  I just cannot set them to anything, and as far as my network is concerned, they are "gone."

Message 2 of 4
Chuck_M
Mentor

The guest network doesn't electronically exist if it has been disabled. 

Unchecking the boxes in the web gui (http://192.168.1.1/index.htm) will eliminate the existence of the guest network.

If you want to delete the SSID that it used, just put spaces in the field that says Guest Wireless Network name.  You have to put something in the password field as it wont accept blanks.

See below.Annotation 2019-02-26 164548.jpg

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

You can also use the Orbi phone app to disable the Guest Network. Go to Guest Network on the app:

IMG_1730.jpg

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7