Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: has anyone been able to download the new ORBI firmware ?

808rafael
Tutor

has anyone been able to download the new ORBI firmware ?

I recently purchased a new ORBi System and have benn having trouble dowloading the latests firmware.  I tried dowloading the firmware to my PC and doing a manual download but no luck.?  So I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. ??

Message 1 of 11
twocybers
Star

Yes  - poking iafter going to OrbiLogin.com and saw the option to register my product.

Here is the link at which I entered the Serial Number of my Base Station on the way to the download.  WATCH model numbers carefully.  There is only one character difference between the base and satilliate names/numbers.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/#searchResults

Immediately after registering I got a screen which sent me to the manual download page.  That page contained the two links below.  A word of warning/information.  You can only perfom one update at a time - one satillite at a time and the based also separately.  

RBR50 - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/RBR50-V1.4.0.18.zip

RBS50 - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/RBS50-V1.4.0.18.zip

Message 2 of 11
Hydro130
Luminary

Good info from twocybers above... I would only add that when manually updating the firmware, I recall reading that you should update the satellite(s) first (using the ... RBS50.. file) , then the do the router last (using the ...RBR50... file).

That's how I've always done my manual updates using those zip files, and it's worked well every time.

Cheers, Chris

Message 3 of 11
twocybers
Star

I hope the order updating is not critical - I did my base station first - I seriously doubt one can undo a firmware update.

Message 4 of 11
MarkC1024
Luminary

They do suggesting doing the satellites first, but I'll presume that is so you have access to the main router in case of a problem on one of the satellites.

Message 5 of 11
tuzzanti
Aspirant

The fimrware that comes out of the box doesn't self update.  You do need to log into each satalite and router and manually update them.  At least, that was my expereince.

Once I got to the .16 firmware the updates would work automatically.

Tim

Message 6 of 11
808rafael
Tutor

So last night I was still having the same issues downloading the lastest firmware. Every time I hit the search for update the only update available was the router but not the satallite.  So I got in touch with one of the Techs from Netgear and they walked me though the installation.  So the process I followed was the manual install of the firmware.  I first downloaded the satallite and then it automatically download the router as well.  It was a really easy process now I am happy to be running the latest update. Specially because it now supports guest network which was one of my biggest complaints about the system. Overall I just got this system and it has solved all my wifi issues.  Right after the update I tested the speed on my iPhone 7 plus and got 410 Mbps. Never have I seen a speed like that on a phone.  My old router was only giving me about 150 Mbps. So this is a huge update and the webpages take less than a second to come up amazing pcs of tech. The 

Message 7 of 11
twocybers
Star

Would you mind telling how you got in touch with a tech from Netgear?  I casually looked and did not see any way.  Don't have any issues, but if I do it will be nice to know how.

Message 8 of 11
808rafael
Tutor

I just went to the NETGEAR WEBSITE SCROLLED TO THE BOTTOM AND THE CONTACT TAB HAD THE TECH SUPPORT NUMBER.

Message 9 of 11
twocybers
Star

I looked again and found several different pages with a "Contact Support" and "Contact" links.  I found no "Contact" Tab.  Since ther are several pages with Contacts links, how about a URL or directions on how to get there?

Message 10 of 11
twocybers
Star

Forget my second request.  I finally found the page to enter my Serial Numbers on.  

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7