Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

help!

wifiblues
Luminary

help!

hi 

Please help.

I am working with a RBR43 with two RBS20 satellite and a plug in satellite.

the system is certified refurbished.

here is the issue - the wifi is spotty.  when i launch the orbi app, and look at the details, it shows all the devices connected to the plug in satellite only.  One of the satellites does not show any devices connected to it.  

any advice on my set up?

we live in an apartment 2000 sq feet.

do I need to perform a reset on the smaller satellites and remove the plug in?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: help!

2000sw ft maybe too small for 3 satellites. So removing the one RBS may help. 

Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

The first step is to confirm that the satellites are sync'd to the router.

Are they?

Message 2 of 8
wifiblues
Luminary

I checked and the Satellites are sync'd to the router.  the light was blue.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 4 of 8
wifiblues
Luminary

Hi.
I’m currently running the most current firmware. Our ISP is spectrum.

I disconnected the 1 plug in Satellite that didn’t come with the RBK43 system. Just using the router and the 2 Satellites that came w the system. I also synced the satellites with the router again. This time I brought the satellites close to the router to make sure they were blue. Also, I had 1 of the satellites next to a printer and wine cooler. I think it may be fixed but I am out right now. I will check later and ask for help later. Our home is 2000 square feet apartment in Brooklyn. Neighbors have WiFi. There is 30 feet between router and satellite 1. How do you turn down the radio?
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

2000sw ft maybe too small for 3 satellites. So removing the one RBS may help. 

Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 6 of 8
wifiblues
Luminary

thanks Furrye38 - i removed the plug in satellite and so far so good...

thank you!

wifiblues (no more?)

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to make a backup configuration to file on the RBR for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7