Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

horrible 2.3.5.30

sh2sg
Apprentice

horrible 2.3.5.30

RBR50 + 2x RBS50, wireless backhaul.

After upgraded to 2.3.5.30, the 2 satellites keep disconencted from RBR50, sometimes satellites reconnected back to RBR50 after few mins, sometimes they didn't, I had to restart satellites. 

did factory reset on satellites, no help at all.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: horrible 2.3.5.30

Try a factory reset on the RBR. If you only reset the RBS and not the RBR after the FW update, this could help. 

I setup my RBK50 system again in AP mode, yesterday. RBS is wired though. No issues here. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8

All Replies
sh2sg
Apprentice

AP mode.

They used to be very stable in the past one year with 2.2.x.x firmware 

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the RBR. If you only reset the RBS and not the RBR after the FW update, this could help. 

I setup my RBK50 system again in AP mode, yesterday. RBS is wired though. No issues here. 

Message 3 of 8
ekhalil
Master

What types of devices are attached to Orbi?
I experienced that latest Orbi SW releases are “sensitive” to some attached devices.
No issues with phones, computers and tablets as I could see. Please disconnect all other devices, forget networks on those devices and attach again.
Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@sh2sg wrote:

RBR50 + 2x RBS50, wireless backhaul.

After upgraded to 2.3.5.30, the 2 satellites keep disconencted from RBR50, sometimes satellites reconnected back to RBR50 after few mins, sometimes they didn't, I had to restart satellites. 

did factory reset on satellites, no help at all.

Why did you upgrade your firmware?

Message 5 of 8
sh2sg
Apprentice

I did factory reset on RBR50 3 days ago and it ... did help. I didn't encounter any disconenction so far. Thanks for the tip. 

I hope I don't need to do factory reset on all units regularly... 

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad the reset helped. Seems that when new FW updates come out, if users see problems after the FW update, a reset maybe needed. 

Do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. 

Enjoy Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@sh2sg wrote:

I did factory reset on RBR50 3 days ago and it ... did help. I didn't encounter any disconenction so far. Thanks for the tip. 

I hope I don't need to do factory reset on all units regularly... 

Why did you upgrade your firmware?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7