Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: how to remove an inactive orbi system from orbi app

taohat
Star

how to remove an inactive orbi system from orbi app

I am using orbi app version 2.2 on ios. For remote management, two orbi systems are showing up. One was an inactive one that was already returned a while ago. How can it be removed?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 41

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

I updated my Orbi app (IOS) today to a new SW (2.2.10.6). In this new software it's possible to remove a system from the list of products. Please try that. Thank you Netgear!

View solution in original post

Message 36 of 41

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 41
taohat
Star

Any updates?

Message 3 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

You might want to phone contact NG support and ask for help and information regarding this...

Message 4 of 41
Emperor1
Guide

Have you find a solution for that ?

I'm in the same boat ...

I remove my old unused Orbi system from my Netgear web site but it continues to be shown in my iPhone App in remote managment section ...

Any help ?

Message 5 of 41
taohat
Star

@Emperor1 wrote:

Have you find a solution for that ?

I'm in the same boat ...

I remove my old unused Orbi system from my Netgear web site but it continues to be shown in my iPhone App in remote managment section ...

Any help ?

It was NOT resolved. Very disappointed with netgear support.

Exactly as you described, even after I deregistered the old orbi from mynetgear, the zombie system still shows up in orbi app under remote management. And there was no way to delete it from the app.

I opened a case with netgear support. No response. I PMed DarrenM here. No response. I called netgear support. Was on the phone for over 1 hour. The lady saw my old system on her end. But she kept lecturing me how removing it from my account would not help. I got so tired of convincing her and just said can you delete it from my account whether it would help me or not. Then she said she would have to escalate this since "it has to do with data security". What a BS! I was asking to give up access to something, not request access. She promised to call me back the next day. This was a week ago. But she never did. 

I cannot understand this. How hard is it to update the app to give customer the option to remove a disconnected or offline orbi?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 6 of 41
Emperor1
Guide

The odd is that now i cannot access anymore to my new active Orbi system through remote managment ... it's always shown in remote managment section as 'disconnected' .... both with my old unused removed Orbi system ... i'm extremely disappointed ... can you see your new Orbi system through remote managment ? 

Message 7 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 41
taohat
Star

@Emperor1 wrote:

The odd is that now i cannot access anymore to my new active Orbi system through remote managment ... it's always shown in remote managment section as 'disconnected' .... both with my old unused removed Orbi system ... i'm extremely disappointed ... can you see your new Orbi system through remote managment ? 

I can see the new system in orbi app, under remote management. You may try restarting the app by swiping it away and re-opening. But the old system is also showing up there in my account. There should really be a simple way to remove an old system from the account. If the old system finds a new owner, I would not want to still have access to it.

Message 9 of 41
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello taohat 

I will look into this issue.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 41
Emperor1
Guide

Any update on that ? I'm still experimenting the same issue ...

Message 11 of 41
taohat
Star

@Emperor1 wrote:

Any update on that ? I'm still experimenting the same issue ...

Same issue. I could still see the inactive orbi even after DarrenM confirmed it was removed from mynetgear account. DarrenM said this would be followed up by netgear engineering. 

Message 12 of 41
Siege7817
Tutor

I am having the same issue, please advise. Thanks.
Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 13 of 41
jagsny
Tutor

Its simple. Go to orbilogin.com

and username admin/ password-the one you set up.

Click on devices and remove the ones you want.

Message 14 of 41
Emperor1
Guide

It simply not works ... when i click on my old unused Orbi System the iPhone App says Device offline and cannot remove it ... when Devs will resolve that issue ? 

Message 15 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

@Christian_R

@Blanca_O

@Emperor1 wrote:

It simply not works ... when i click on my old unused Orbi System the iPhone App says Device offline and cannot remove it ... when Devs will resolve that issue ? 

Message 16 of 41
jagsny
Tutor

You need to be connected to orbi wifi on your iphone. or use your mac/pc..connected to your orbi network.

goto orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1

you should see a login window. You will see a box that says "attached devices". Click on that and look for inactive devices you want to remove.

Message 17 of 41
taohat
Star

We are talking about different things. It is trivial to remove an attached device, e.g. iphone, apple tv, or fire tv. 

The issue is how to remove an inactive orbi system from remote management of an account. The customer no longer has physical access to the inactive orbi system. But in remote management (in orbi app), the old system still shows up. And if you click it, you are told it is offline but there is no way to remove the offline system from the account.

It is really amazing that this issue is still not fixed.

@jagsny wrote:

You need to be connected to orbi wifi on your iphone. or use your mac/pc..connected to your orbi network.

goto orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1

you should see a login window. You will see a box that says "attached devices". Click on that and look for inactive devices you want to remove.

Message 18 of 41
jagsny
Tutor

I returned one orbi system and it was still showing in my orbi app as inactive locally or remotely. YOU CAN NOT REMOVE IT FROM THE ORBI APP. You need to login into router by first making sure you are connected to your new Orbi sysytem and then going to 192.168.1.1 OR orbilogin.com and then you will see the whole system : Router and Satellites there including that you no longer have. Click REMOVE on the ones you want to remove.

After that go to your orbi app and refresh. Old system will be gone. Try locally or Remotely. Worked for me.

Message 19 of 41
Emperor1
Guide

@jagsny

i've double checked what you've said, but unfortunately i only can see the connected devices. 

I'm in my Ofbilogin.net account (not in my iPhone app, as you said) but if i click on connected devices i can see only the actual Orbi System, not the unused one ... may you please elaborate step_by_step what you've done to remove the old unused Orbi System ? 

As said for me there's still a bug !

Message 20 of 41
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Emperor1 @Siege7817 @taohat

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 21 of 41
Anseltmchs
Aspirant

Has this issue been resolved? I'm having the same issue
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 22 of 41
Emperor1
Guide

No the bug it's still here!
Message 23 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you contact NG support.

@Blanca_O

@Emperor1 wrote:
No the bug it's still here!

Message 24 of 41
Pakman626
Tutor

Having the same issue.  An Orbi router I returned is still showing up in the Orbi app under "Your Products."  Although it is red dot and disconnected.  How do I remove this?

Message 25 of 41
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 19 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7