Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: how to remove an inactive orbi system from orbi app

Emperor1
Guide

it's impossible ... i've given also some months ago my inactive serial to Netgear support to fix that issue but nothing happens ... disapponted ....

Message 26 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact NG support and they should be able to help you out with this. 

@Blanca_O

Message 27 of 41
gonicker
Initiate

Why can’t you just post how to do it? Why do you moderators keep messaging people and saying contact customer service.... WE TRIED THAT ALREADY!! Fix the issue. If there is no fix then say that. Post on this thread what the solution is.
Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 28 of 41
Emperor1
Guide

no solution till today

i've also in private as asked give the serial number of the old unused Orbi System months ago ... still issue, as said ...

Message 29 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Anything dealing with system registrantions and associations with Orbi app has to be handled by NG support. Please contact them and continue to maintain contact to get your issue resolved there. 

You can file a support ticked here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Message 30 of 41
nlaughter
Initiate

Hey Netgear,

I'm a professional software engineer and can fix this issue for you within a few hours. Since it's something that benefits me personally, I'd be willing to do it for free. Just let me know. I guess we'll see what your commitment to customer service looks like when someone is literally willing to hand you hundreds of dollars in software to fix a major oversight in your app.

Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 31 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

You can file a support ticked here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@Blanca_O

@nlaughter wrote:

Hey Netgear,

I'm a professional software engineer and can fix this issue for you within a few hours. Since it's something that benefits me personally, I'd be willing to do it for free. Just let me know. I guess we'll see what your commitment to customer service looks like when someone is literally willing to hand you hundreds of dollars in software to fix a major oversight in your app.

Message 32 of 41
nlaughter
Initiate

My point is that this isn't something that should require a support ticket. This is an easy fix to enable the user to manage their account from the mobile app that you guys just...didn't do.

Message 33 of 41
Pakman626
Tutor

Exactly...thank you.

Message 34 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Something you can notify them about by creating a support ticket. Nothing can be done here in the forums. 

@nlaughter wrote:

My point is that this isn't something that should require a support ticket. This is an easy fix to enable the user to manage their account from the mobile app that you guys just...didn't do.

Message 35 of 41
ekhalil
Master

I updated my Orbi app (IOS) today to a new SW (2.2.10.6). In this new software it's possible to remove a system from the list of products. Please try that. Thank you Netgear!
Message 36 of 41
taohat
Star

yes! confirmed it worked! finally...

Message 37 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Select the 3 dots on the upper right hand corner for the system you want to remove then select Remove Devoce. 

Screenshot_20190118-122401.png

Message 38 of 41
Pakman626
Tutor

Beautiful...finally!

Message 39 of 41
Emperor1
Guide

It works now!

Message 40 of 41
Chuck_M
Mentor

On certain phones with screens that have rounded edges, those dots are very difficult to see.  Android devices that have enabled the contact list on their phones that sweeps out from the right side may also obscure that -- but indeed it is there.

Message 41 of 41
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 19 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7