Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

i have a device being blocked but not in my device listing

shashinka
Aspirant

i have a device being blocked but not in my device listing

i have the orbi RBR40 wireless mesh router and app. I have a device being blocked. its not in my device list... when i open a page it says blocked.. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
shashinka
Aspirant

Re: i have a device being blocked but not in my device listing

i had to go into the web version of the controls to find it. The iiphone app didn't have the device listed.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@shashinka wrote:

i have the orbi RBR40 wireless mesh router and app. I have a device being blocked. its not in my device list... when i open a page it says blocked.. 

It would help to know which "page" says the device is blocked. (The Orbi web interface Attached Devices page, or on the Advanced Tab, Security->Access Control)

Is Access Control "on" or "off"?

Message 2 of 5
shashinka
Aspirant

It’s the actual device being blocked that has that message whenever I try to go to a website
Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@shashinka wrote:
It’s the actual device being blocked that has that message whenever I try to go to a website

How is this Orbi being managed? (web interface or Orbi "app")

My first step would be to open a web browser to http://orbilogin.net, login with the web credentials ("admin" and the administrative password) and open Attached Devices.  If this page has a notice at the top "Access Control Turned On", I would navigate to the Advanced Tab, Security, Access Control and set access control to off.  (I believe the router will restart.)

Message 4 of 5
shashinka
Aspirant

i had to go into the web version of the controls to find it. The iiphone app didn't have the device listed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7