Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iAquaLink and rbr40

Sweepr9
Aspirant

iAquaLink and rbr40

I have had an orbi Rbr40 with multiple satellites for almost 2 years with no issues. I have an iAquaLink iq900 that has been wired directly into one of the satellites to connect. There have not been any issues until a week ago. I believe it corresponds to my firmware being updated but I’m not positive. The iAquaLink won’t connect anymore and the orbi doesn’t even recognize that it is wired in. Nothing else has changed with my setup and I’m at a loss for what to do to remedy the issue. Any help/knowledge would be very appreciated.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
tucsontico
Virtuoso

Re: iAquaLink and rbr40

A little more information is needed to try to help you:

1) Which firmware is loaded?

2) Are the satellites and router on the same version?

3) What troubleshooting have you done so far, e.g., have you tried to power cycle the entire system and resync the satellites?

Ultimately, solving your issue may requre a factory reset of all of the ORBI components and a reconfiguring the system from scratch (not a backup config file).

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

@Sweepr9 wrote:
I have had an orbi Rbr40 with multiple satellites for almost 2 years with no issues. I have an iAquaLink iq900 that has been wired directly into one of the satellites to connect. There have not been any issues until a week ago. I believe it corresponds to my firmware being updated but I’m not positive. The iAquaLink won’t connect anymore and the orbi doesn’t even recognize that it is wired in. Nothing else has changed with my setup and I’m at a loss for what to do to remedy the issue. Any help/knowledge would be very appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
Sweepr9
Aspirant

No, I’ll give one of those a shot. Thanks
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Did you check the iaqualink by plugging it into the router and not the satellites? 

do other devices work plugged into the satellite? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7