Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iOS Devices Connectivity Issues RBR50

vcdxb
Aspirant

iOS Devices Connectivity Issues RBR50

I bought my wife an iPhone 11 Pro just few months ago and she started complaining to me about her not being able to connect to wifi most areas inside the house. this started from day 1 and it's now been 4 months and the problem continues. I was too busy to check the issue and she's been frustrested with this connectivity, decided to switch off the wifi and work using her carrier data plan. in the last 2 months she exhausted her data plan and exceeded her usage which we realised today looking at her phone bill (beauty of auto-pay setup). While she was facing this issue, i realised that none of other devices in the house were not experiencing the same issue. between the two of us, we have 2 Pixel phones, our Lenevo work laptops, a Huawei laptop, multiple ring cameras, few alexa devices, wifi bulbs etc. all these devices work fine regardless where we are inside the house. I' am able to connect to Sonos from all devices except the iPhone. Also have a nest camera - same issues, able to conenct with pixel phones but not iPhone. and it goes on with other smarthome apps - alexa, google home, wifi bulbs. none of the apps connect via iPhone in some parts of the house. 

My setup is 1x RBR50 and 1x RBS50. so I have a good coverage within the house. and since this issues does not come up on any other device, I wonder what is with the iPhone that I am expericing this issue. 

apprecaite if someone can help. 

thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
DatabaseJase
Luminary

Re: iOS Devices Connectivity Issues RBR50

Unfortunately I don't have a solution but I can say we have an iPhone 11 Pro and an iPhone 11 Pro Max working fine with Orbi Router plus two sattelites (one sattelite WiFi backhaul the other Ethernet via Devolo Magic 2 LAN). It is possible that the iPhone itself is faulty.

You might also look at the Orbi admin pages for "Enable Fast Roaming" (Advanced Settings, Wireless Settings) is disabled as we found it made iOS devices too aggressive at switching Orbi units. We have Implicit Beamforming and MU-MIMO active.

Appreciate this reply doesn't help you sort out your problem but at least you know it can work.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7