Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iOS devices can only log into guest network

Pqwerty
Aspirant

iOS devices can only log into guest network

Just set up Orbi mesh today but my family's iOS devices (iPhones & iPads) and our Nest thermostat are only able to log into the guest network. Logging into the main WiFi always says the password is incorrect. Help!

RBR50

FW 2.3.5.30

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: iOS devices can only log into guest network

Do any devices log into the WiFi correctly?

Are you able to access the Orbi web interface?

If so, does the WiFi password match exactly what is being entered on the Apple products?

(Personally, I find the Apple keyboard a challenge to use, especially when there is a mix of UPPER case, lower case, numbers, etc.)

Message 2 of 4
ekhalil
Master

One thing to check is to make sure the ISP router or another router is not broadcasting the main network SSID with different password.
Another reasons that can cause such strange -unjustifiable- issue is having double NAT in your network. If your ISP modem is acting as a router and does NATing on the incoming WAN traffic then this can cause different issues since Orbi is also doing NATing. You need to check if you have double NAT.
Please open a Command Prompt on any computer attached to the main wifi network (or wired) and type:
> tracert 8.8.8.8  (or traceroute 8.8.8.8 if you're using a Mac computer)
1. If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT. Please check the model of your ISP modem and if you have a manual for it.
2. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good and we need then to troubleshoot further to find the root cause of the issue,
Message 3 of 4
Pqwerty
Aspirant

Solved! The password in the Orbi app for the main network had spaces inserted after each non-alphanumeric character (unhelpful auto-formatting, I assume). I had to slowly backspace through the password to find them. All devices now successfully connected.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7