Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iOS devices timing out from orbi

Jay_4
Aspirant

iOS devices timing out from orbi

Hi,

I purchased my Orbi back in December of 2016. For the past few months I have noticed that the all of our iOS devices will randomly time out a request and not recieve any interent connection. This will happen aproximately every 8-10 minutes. For example, I open the youtube app and it will just sit on the loading screen with nothing loading, until I get the no connection screen. It has come to the point where we do not even use the Wi-Fi in our house, and instead opt for cellular data. We have FiOS Gigabit interenet which should be more than enough for all of our devices. (Sidenote, the FiOS router's Wi-Fi function has been turned off) I have updated to the latest Orbi software, V1.12.0.18 and there has been no difference. I then tried to factory reset the Orbi and the satelite, but I still have the same problems. Does anyone know to fix this issue? 

Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: iOS devices timing out from orbi

Hello Jay_4

Have you told the devices to forget the network and then rejoin?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Jay_4
Aspirant

Yes, they still experience the same problems.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jay_4

Did you ever bridge your FIos router it could be that the 2 routers are having conflicts.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7