Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iPad issues on Orbi

keeper88
Guide

iPad issues on Orbi

I'm reading a fair amount of issues with iOS devices on Orbi as I'm having issues with iPads intermittently not working.  Most times, they show full WiFi signal but can't browse Internet or do speed tests successfully.  I'm running the RBK40 kit with latest firmware on router (V1.10.1.2) and satellites.  Is this a known unresolved issue????

Message 1 of 13
TomMac
Guru

The ipad or IOS issue is knownand NG on working on it.  A beta version of FW ( 1.11.0.2 ) has fixed my older ipad issue ( ipad g2/os 9.3.5 ) and android battery draining

Message 2 of 13
keeper88
Guide

Thanks TomMac.  How might I go about trying the beta version myself (is that available)?

Message 3 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Keeper88

I have sent you a PM

DarrenM

Message 4 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hey Keeper88, when the beta inevitably doesn't work look into the backhaul dropping issue mentioned in some of the other threads. That's your problem.
Message 5 of 13
keeper88
Guide

Thanks Mr. Saget..  I just did a quick read of a couple.  When my issues occur, there are other devices successfully connected/working connected to the same rbs40 satellite unit, and I never have drops from non-IOS devices like my PC (wired to a rbs40) and printer (wifi to rbs40).  Would that be part of the backhaul issue you're referring to (I would think not, if other devices are working on the same satellite simultaneously)?  Or is it a backhaul issue whereby only certain devices may get dropped getting back to the router?  Thanks again..

Message 6 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The backhaul problem should affect every device connected to the satellite wired or wireless. The drops are quick so a device like a printer would probably show no symptoms. If you try to ping Google with your laptop for a few minutes I bet you will notice some issues.
Message 7 of 13
Vmk16
Star

If an orbi router and satellite doesn't connect Is there any way to check the backhaul connectivity of the router to confirm if it is an issue with the router or satellite .@DarrenM
Message 8 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello VMK16

You would have to get a wifi analyzer app Netgear has a free one on the Android store you may have to search for one on the apple store.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 13
TomMac
Guru

The app appears on Android store and Kindel store ( android based ) but not on Apple store

Message 10 of 13
Vmk16
Star

Hi DarrenM

Thanks for the suggestion. Appreciated , I have one more question here the guest Network on orbi does that work on 2.4 GHz or both bands .
Message 11 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello VMk16

Should work just like the main network and use both.

DarrenM

Message 12 of 13
Vmk16
Star

Thanx DarrenM
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation