Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: intermittently dropping wifi - Model rbr50

BERNIE500
Aspirant

intermittently dropping wifi - Model rbr50

I have my Orbi plugged into a broadband modem. My problem is that intermittingly the wireless goes out for short periods of time (a minute or 2) many times in the middle of the night and then goes back on. My internet provider says it is probably the Orbi. Provider says I have to be there and plug the Orbi into another ethernet port and if it is still off it their fault. The chances of me being near the router when this happens aren't good. I know I am loosing internet because I have a network hard drive plugged into the Orbi and it sends me emails when there is internert problem. Any thought on how I can track this?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? 

Any other wifi nieghbors near by? If so, how many? 

What channels are you using? Try manual 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5ghz.

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming.

Message 2 of 4
BERNIE500
Aspirant

The ISP modem is a Zyxel model vmg 4380 b10a. It is a combination modem and wireless router. The wireless was terrible so I shut it off and use the ORBI. I am using channel 11. Aren't many neignbors close by. ??

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Aside from disabling the wifi radios on the modem, did you bridge the modem? This would be preferred for use with the Orbi router. If not, you can try using the modems DMZ for the Orbis IP address or configure the Orbi for AP mode. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7