Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iphone7 not connection to Orbi

steve04KU
Aspirant

iphone7 not connection to Orbi

Recently, my iPhone7 will not connect or stay connected to my Orbi wifi. It will show that it's connected under the phone's wifi menu w/ full bars, but the top of the home screen only shows "LTE", no wifi bars/symbol. Every other iOS device in my house, including my wife's iPhone7 works flawlessly.

I have reset my phone, reset my phone's network settings. Toggled beamforming/mu-mimo on/off, reset the orbi, reset my Spectrum router. All with no luck. 

In some instances after a reset, the phone WILL connect to wifi. Then a few minutes later drop the connection and will NOT reconnect. It will show connected, but again displaying "LTE" and no wifi bars. Other times it will not connect at all.

My orbi also has the current firmware.

I am stumped. Currently, I'm at work and my iphone7 connectes to my work wifi with no issues.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: iphone7 not connection to Orbi

Hello Steve04Ku

You may want to do a test activate the orbi guest network with no password and see if the IPhone will connect to that network. Or you can try in the advanced wireless settings uncheck the 20/40 coexistence.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: iphone7 not connection to Orbi

Is your Orbi running as the router and the Spectrum router is Bridged or is the Orbi as an AP?

I've seen that issue with my previous setup on my ISP router (Hitron), but not through the Orbi so far with the router bridged.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7