Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: is Orbi working for you?

Ondesic
Tutor

is Orbi working for you?

How is the latest firmware ...2.18 doing for you?  Have your problems been fixed?

I get drops all the time.  It is so unreliable that I am sad to say I am ready to leave Netgear after 10 years.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
webminster
Luminary

Mostly.   At least I don't have the outright crashes a lot of people here do.

But enough other niggly issues that hurt me after spending $330 on it:

* ping RTTs

* nodes wandering inexplicably between satellite/router

* strange issues from my work laptops (VPN and Skype disconnects).

Message 2 of 7
Hydro130
Luminary

Mine works great, but I've never had any serious problems with it (I've owned my RBK50 since they were first released well over a year ago).

Message 3 of 7
joelinho
Apprentice

I have had issues with this system since I bought it. Been going back and forth between different firmwares trying to find a stable solution. Resetting both router and satellite. Using only default settings etc etc.

I was ready to return it around a month ago. I had given up on this system and initiated a return process towards the seller. As I was preparing to return it I reset everything one last time and updated the system to the latest firmware at that time, V2.1.1.16. To my surprise the system suddenly appeared to be stable. No lost internet connection for a month. No reboots or anything. Just rock solid internet and wifi. The system giving me a taste for how it should be. But then, just the other day, I noticed when I got home that there is no internet connectivity on my phone that is connected to the satellite. I power toggle the satellite and it starts working again just to stop again after a few minutes.

It seems like the connection between the router and satellite stops working for some reason. I tried updating to the latest firmware V2.1.2.18. But it works just as bad. Downgraded to the .16 firmware again but still not stable. Only way for me to get stable wifi now is to turn off the satellite and just use the router. Of course the coverage and signal strength is suffering. This is really frustrating.

Contemplating if I should reinitiate the return process and buy something else. I have no faith left in Netgear and this system cost too much for me to accept this kind of instability.

Message 4 of 7
jeffholiday
Guide

I’m having the same issue with VPN drops and Skype issues which is really frustrating because it’s a necessity for me. I’m getting really high VPN latency for some reason. YouTube on my iPad seems to hang like every 10 min but then pick back up. I have rock solid connectivity to my modem so it’s def something with the orbi still. I’m on the latest .18 firmware.
Message 5 of 7
nicholb
Luminary

I've had mine for 2 weeks now. Initially I was getting reboots, but that was very obviously the Google problem. They would hapen first thing in the morning when my tablet woke, or when I would get home, etc. Once I got the updated version of Google Play Services the reboots stopped. I've been 5 days stright without one.  I usually have about 27 devices connected at any one time. A mix of wired, 5Mhz and 2.4Mhz. 

Everything else is stable and fast. Much better than my old ASUS RT-AC87. That thing was so unstable I had to schedule it to auto reboot once a day to keep it running consistant. Even with that it would regularly just lock up and have to be power cycled. 

Message 6 of 7

Yes it does.

It has been up and running from day one exept from some conection problems between router / satelite when the .18 firmware was released.

But when the connection was back it has been stable.

I even went out and got myself the RSB30 wall plug satellite yesterday and that worked out really well with the connection to my system as well.

So for the time beeing i´m a happy Orbi user. Smiley Very Happy

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7