Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

laptop vs iphone speed test results

vernonls
Star

laptop vs iphone speed test results

When I test Internet speed with my iphone 6 I can regularly get 25-35 Mbps throughout my facility.  However when i test it with my dell Latitude D630 laptop with the Dell Wireless 1490 Minicard i can only get 10-12 Mbps.  the Dell wireless card claims wireless 802.11 a/b/g compatibility. 

Why would this be?  i don't think it is the laptop speed as I have 8 GB and nothing else running but IE or Chrome. 

I welcome any thoughts as to why this would be.

thanks,

vern

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Re: laptop vs iphone speed test results

@vernonls wrote:

When I test Internet speed with my iphone 6 I can regularly get 25-35 Mbps throughout my facility.  However when i test it with my dell Latitude D630 laptop with the Dell Wireless 1490 Minicard i can only get 10-12 Mbps.  the Dell wireless card claims wireless 802.11 a/b/g compatibility. 

Why would this be?  i don't think it is the laptop speed as I have 8 GB and nothing else running but IE or Chrome. 

I welcome any thoughts as to why this would be.

thanks,

vern

hi

the wifi adapter in that laptop is at best wireless g 54M max sync so its pretty old and slow

your iphone 6 has wireless ac i think 867M max sync

simple answer is the laptop wireless adapter is just to slow and old and ether need changing out or getting a new laptop \

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7