Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

link/port aggregation

aczzca
Follower

link/port aggregation

Hello,

I'm trying to get some help, I am trying to maximize bandwidth to my gaming platform. I recently moved and have gone down a rabbit hole of hardware upgrades. I purchased a CM1100 and saw that it supports port aggregation. The orbi system that I had didn't, my S8000 switch supports link aggregation. Upgraded to the RBK850 Orbi Wifi 6 and was able to set up port agregation with my CM1100. I tried to set up a link aggregation with the two remain LAN ports to my S8000. Configured the S8000, when configuring the router it said that there needs to be one remaining port available and was unabe to establish a link. Is it possible to have a link established between the three devices? 

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1, GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: link/port aggregation

@aczzca wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to get some help, I am trying to maximize bandwidth to my gaming platform. I recently moved and have gone down a rabbit hole of hardware upgrades. I purchased a CM1100 and saw that it supports port aggregation. The orbi system that I had didn't, my S8000 switch supports link aggregation. Upgraded to the RBK850 Orbi Wifi 6 and was able to set up port agregation with my CM1100. I tried to set up a link aggregation with the two remain LAN ports to my S8000. Configured the S8000, when configuring the router it said that there needs to be one remaining port available and was unabe to establish a link. Is it possible to have a link established between the three devices? 

I thought the RBK850 supported port aggregation on its own?

Try using a switch on 1 of the ports and connect 2 devices to it. Then the one device connected to the router and the 2 or devices connected to the switch, that is connected to the other port on the router, should benefit from the port aggregation. I could be way off, but it's worth a try.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: link/port aggregation

After you enabled LAG on the CM and RBR, connect the WAN ports of the CM modem to the RBR on the yellow internet port and the #1 LAN port next to the WAN port on the RBR. 

Make sure your LAN cables are of good quality. 

Conenct your switch to the other LAN ports on the RBR. Don't use the #1 LAN port. 

Be sure to post about this over in the Orbi AX Forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Good luck. 

@aczzca wrote:

Hello,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7