Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

location of satellite

Wildfire13
Aspirant

location of satellite

RBK50

Hi, I have a 20 wide by 66 long home on a 123 ft long lot in the city of Chicago. Electrical, phone, cable, etc. wiring runs in the ally along the entrance to my garage. My cable line comes in through the walkout basement towards the middle front of the home. I have the main router hooked up there under the stairs. My 2nd unit is on the main floor towards the front of the home and the 3rd unit is on the upper level towards the back of the home. Signal is good in the house and out towards the front sidwalk and street. Due to the wiring in the back the signal dies very quickly in the back yard and goes completely out in the garage. Is an outdoor extension RBS50Y needed? 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: location of satellite

How far away in the back hard and the garage is from the house? I get signal about 15 feet from my 1 satellite out side, however it's near a window on the main floor. My friends 50 series I set up for him, I had signal in my car at about 30 feet from his satellite up stairs in his living room. He's only using 1 satallite.

I presume you may need a outdoors Orbi...depending upon building materials.

Message 2 of 4
Wildfire13
Aspirant

My house is Frame with Brick as is the garage. I have a garage rooftop deck and from where the house ends is about a 15 ft back yard to the garage and the garage is 20 wide x 23 long right to the ally. My main router satellite is about 40 ft from the back of the house below grade walk out basement. The main floor unit is about 55 ft from the back skewed towards the fron and the upper level unit is about 20 ft from the back. If I move the upper unit closer to the back wall it looses its connection to the main unit in the basement.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya you'll need an outdoors satellite to help with the back yards and garage areas.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7