Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: losing ISP connection - after V2.5.1.16 update

Tchalk
Aspirant

losing ISP connection - after V2.5.1.16 update

My Obri system lost its connection to the ISP for no apparent reason (Comcast didn't have an outage) two days in row around the same time of day in the afternoon. Both times I have rebooted and it starting working again. This issued started after updating firmware to the most recent V2.5.1.16. Is this an issue for others? Other than this recent issue, my setup has been working great for a year or two now.

Possibly related, the distance between my satellites and router are pretty far. I am back hauuling an ethernet connection to a natural switch. Should I be enabling the " Enable Daisy-Chain Topology?" I'm wondering if I had it enabled before and after update it got unselected and it causing a crash of sorts?

Thank you everybody,

Tyler

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
I
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?
https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 6
Tchalk
Aspirant

Thank you, Furry,

I just enabled the Beamforming and MIMO and it's now working. My outdoor office is about 40 feet from the house with a trenched ethernet cable going to the satellite back to the switch. Other than mesh wifi not working well with RING security and Yale locks, the system works great. Here's a pic of my setup... that I'm unable to upload?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working better then. 

Message 4 of 6
Tchalk
Aspirant

Thanks Furry, but... right on que yesterday afternoon (about the hottest time of day) it shut down again while both my wife and I were working from home. Again the restart fixed it. I've enabled daisy chain settings now (to see if that helps) and also just just noticing in my log reports that I'm getting a lot of Dos and ARP attacks. Maybe it's related to that too?

Are there any security setting you'd recommend short of using a VPN, worried that setting up VPN will create issues with logging into work networks?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You may want to check with your ISP. 

Does this happen everytime at same or near same time in the day? if so, this maybe ISP related...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7