Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

magenta color on router

karibu
Follower

magenta color on router

Everything was working fine for 3-4 months till 2 days ago the connection dropped

Unplug and restarted everything but problems remained and varies by time:

- Sometimes the satellite cannot connect and is solid magenta (whereas there were no problems in the past)

- Also somestimes satellite stays pulsing white indefinitely and have to unplug / replug and then turns blue

- Have deconnected satellite but now router itself having issues

- Sometimes solid magenta - it is not a internet connection problem as I can plug cable directly into modem and works fine

- Unplug / replug router and sometimes work, sometimes pulsing white

- Everything seems very random and unstable

- Combination of devices in 2.4 and 5 connected to the system

- I have done factory reset but to no avail

- Clearly driving me nuts and I can see on the forums that I am not the only one with the connectivity issues

- Am not a network expert and I have limited time to experiment things

- Will raise a ticket with support team but from what I have read, no miracles to expect there

- Any suggestions please? 

Configuration is:

Huawei modem with 1 GB fiber connection

RBR40 operating as router connected to modem

1 satellite RBS40 in the bedrom

1 addon RBW30 in the kitchen

Firmware for all 3 kits at V2.1.4.16

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: magenta color on router

What is the model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7