Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

mesh network

bighairyeagle
Initiate

mesh network

I'm trying to connect my Orbi RBK50 mesh system to a new Arris SB8200. I have 1 port on the 8200  that will allow me to access the internet on my pc if connected, but I can't seem to get internet to the Orbi mesh....

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: mesh network

@bighairyeagle wrote:

I'm trying to connect my Orbi RBK50 mesh system to a new Arris SB8200. I have 1 port on the 8200  that will allow me to access the internet on my pc if connected, but I can't seem to get internet to the Orbi mesh....

I have the same Arris SB8200 modem and an RBR50 router directly connected to it. First make sure you have internet through the Arris SB8200. Next, a MUST, hold in the reset button for 45 to 60 seconds to restart the modem. Once completed, hook up the RBR50 router to one of the ports on the back of the SB8200. Turn on the router and use the app to setup that router. Once the router is connected, proceed to setting up the satellites, in the same room, one at a time. Once the satellites are setup you can move them to their locations and plug them back it. Note: if you purchased your Orbi RBK53 system used, factory reset the router and 2 satellites before installation.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@bighairyeagle wrote:

I have the same Arris SB8200 modem and an RBR50 router directly connected to it. First make sure you have internet through the Arris SB8200. Next, a MUST, hold in the reset button for 45 to 60 seconds to restart the modem. Once completed, hook up the RBR50 router to one of the ports on the back of the SB8200. Turn on the router and use the app to setup that router. Once the router is connected, proceed to setting up the satellites, in the same room, one at a time. Once the satellites are setup you can move them to their locations and plug them back it. Note: if you purchased your Orbi RBK53 system used, factory reset the router and 2 satellites before installation.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Keep in mind with the sb8200 that it might have 2 ethernet ports but most ISP's only allow 1 device to be connected to the modem. 

It doesn't have dhcp built into it so it only gets assigned 1 public ip address. 

So if you're computer is plugged into it, unplug the computer from it, reboot the modem, and then connect the router to it. Make sure nothing else is plugged into the modem. 

Message 3 of 5
bighairyeagle
Initiate

That worked perfectly! Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

glad to hear you got it working!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors