× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: netgear GS324TP V1 login

Harmmiee
Aspirant

netgear GS324TP V1 login

Hello everyone!

My network is wierdly conected and stuff. but  I want to acces my network switch via ip adress. But i cant find the ip adress. I have looked in my orbilogin.com, and even my modems admin page.

When i go in to CMD and use the command: tracert 192.168.2.49 i get the result: 

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 192.168.2.16 reports: Destination host unreachable.

And if i type in my brouwser 192.168.2.16. It doesn't go anywhere.

I think that 192.168.2.16 the switch is. But I can be wrong?

How can i find it? And connect to it?

I've done it before...

I want to portforward some things. but it just does not work

I have made a map of how our internet is configerd: our network map 

And how can i portforward a computer of mine. and how the one thats connected to the orbi satilite

And also I think its wierd that the modem and router are diferent like 192.168.1.? and 192.168.2.?

Model: GS324TP|NETGEAR® S350 Series 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
vajim
Master

If your switch is not connected to a DHCP server, use the default IP address: 192.168. 0.239.

just in case:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS324T/GS324T_GS324TP_GS348T_IG_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll want to visit and post about this over in the Smart Managed switch forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-and-Smart-Pro-Managed/bd-p/business-smart-plus-click-swi...

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 11
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You'll want to visit and post about this over in the Smart Managed switch forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-and-Smart-Pro-Managed/bd-p/business-smart-plus-click-swi...

Thank you. 

before or after checking out the previous posts?

Message 4 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

@Harmmiee wrote:

My network is wierdly conected and stuff. but  I want to acces my network switch via ip adress. But i cant find the ip adress. I have looked in my orbilogin.com, and even my modems admin page.

The switch User Manual describes how to find the IP of the switch on page 12:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS324T/GS324T_GS324TP_GS348T_UM.pdf?_ga=2.43881698.69543... 

@Harmmiee wrote:

And also I think its wierd that the modem and router are diferent like 192.168.1.? and 192.168.2.?

Because the Orbi is a router, it has created an IP subnet for its Local Area Network (LAN) that is different from the network on the Wide Area Network (WAN) side.  I suspect that the modem may be a combination modem/router, which can be verified by checking the WAN IP address using the Orbi web interface, (a) on the Basic Tab, select the "Internet" menu, (b) on the Advanced Tab, it appears in the "Internet Port" box.  If it is a Private IP address, then the modem is for certain a modem/router.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network 

If the Orbi is connected to a router, then Port Forwarding cannot be done until one of them is "not a router".

Message 5 of 11
Harmmiee
Aspirant

Oke thanks.

How can I turn my modem/router combination just so it will be a modem. Becouse the TV has to be plugged in the modem/router thing.
Message 6 of 11
vajim
Master

@Harmmiee wrote:
Oke thanks.

How can I turn my modem/router combination just so it will be a modem. Becouse the TV has to be plugged in the modem/router thing.

Here's how to set the orbo to ap or router mode

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

you may have to call the folks who gave you that modem

Message 7 of 11
Harmmiee
Aspirant

Alright, so if I put the orbi in AP mode it will have the same network as the modem?

So then internet and wifi will still be the same network?
Message 8 of 11
vajim
Master

@Harmmiee wrote:
Alright, so if I put the orbi in AP mode it will have the same network as the modem?

So then internet and wifi will still be the same network?

yes & yes

Message 9 of 11
Harmmiee
Aspirant

Well... I put the orbi in AP mode, and put the switch in the modem/router combi thing...

But now I dont have cabled internet. only the wireless network form both the orbi and modem/router works.

So its not both the same network i guess. becouse in the wifi settings there are 2 networkes now...

I also tried doing it so the switch is in the orbi and the orbi connected to the modem/router combi thing...

anyone has any ideas?

edit: The 192.168.2.? is now all 192.168.2.? so that is fixed. but now I dont have cabled internet connection...

ooh, and the pc that is conected via internet cable true a orbi satelite has internet.

Message 10 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

There are multiple topics being discussed. It may help to deal with them separately.

• Accessing the management portal of the GS324 switch
  • Forwarding ports to individual devices in the local network

It is also not clear to me what the network "looks like" now. i.e. the Orbi remains in AP mode? How is everything connected?

It may be useful to have a new diagram of how it looks right now.

Port Forwarding

The ISP provides one "public" IP address to the customer.  When a port is forwarded, the mechanism is to connect to the public IP address and add the port number to the address, such as 123.456.789.123:44 (port 44 will go directly to some device and may be translated in the forwarding table to a different port number.)  The key is that the router that has the public IP address is the device that has to perform the forwarding.

In the original setup, the ISP device was a router that had the public IP address and provided private P addresses to the LAN side in the form of 192.168.2.x  The Orbi router got one of these 192.168.2.x addresses on its WAN port and created another private IP space on its LAN side 192.168.1.x   In the original setup, the Orbi cannot port forward because it will never receive the connection to the publi IP (the ISP device receives that.)  The ISP device cannot port forward because it cannot reach the Orbi's private LAN subnet.

There are two ways to fix this:

1. make the ISP device "not a router", which will  result in the Orbi taking the public IP address, providing IP addresses to devices, and doing any port forwarding
  2. Put the Orbi in AP mode so that the ISP device handles all the routing tasks.  Having a TV attached directly to the ISP device argues for solution (2). Put the Orbi into AP mode.

The ISP device now assigns IP addresses to ALL devices in the network (including the Orbi) and also can perform port forwarding. Doing this requires access to the ISP device management console and learning how port forwarding works on it.  Orbi has nothing to do with it.

Switch IP

This goes back to that page in the switch User Manual, although if the port forwarding issue is resolved perhaps there is no longer a need to access the switch management console?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements