Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear orbi router RBR50v2

Lalomie
Follower

netgear orbi router RBR50v2

I purchased a device that requires 2.4 GHz router. How can I connect it to my router?

ME.

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: netgear orbi router RBR50v2

@Lalomie wrote:

I purchased a device that requires 2.4 GHz router. How can I connect it to my router?

This may be the most common question on the forum.  99% of the time, this statement about 2.4G WiFi is similar to the statement "requires 2 AA batteries.  If you have NO 2.4G WiFi network, (none, zero) then the device cannot connect because it has only a 2.4G WiFi radio chip.  (If you have only C cells and D cell, that gizmo that requires 2 AA cells cannot work.)

Just go ahead and set it up.  Any time a warning appear, just click on "Continue"

If there is a problem, please report what the device is and someone on the forum will probably have suggestions on how to proceed.

Message 2 of 3

Re: netgear orbi router RBR50v2

@CrimpOn wrote:

If there is a problem, please report what the device is and someone on the forum will probably have suggestions on how to proceed.

@Lalomie 

You can also home in on possible solutions by searching this forum for the device that you are trying to connect.

Most of the widely used Internet of Things (IoT) "toys" have appeared here at some time or another.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7