Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: no internet. ISP and modem confirms internet

CyclingIPs
Follower

no internet. ISP and modem confirms internet

Orbi has been acting up for a while and now it won’t pass internet through. I’ve tried everything, resetting etc. it says “error not connected” on routerlogin.com.
Before this it’s been doing a thing where it get me online on a given device and then kicks me off saying that another device is using the IP address. Then it goes to a higher number and repeats the cycle. Forever.
The more pressing issue is the complete lack of internet. Our modem is working fine and the Ethernet confirms this. Orbi seems like such a great attempt but ultimately it’s been a huge letdown. I’ve been in denial - sunk cost - but if I can’t get this working wit regularity I’ll never buy from Netgear again. Thanks for listening!
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 5
st_shaw
Master

If you're having IP conflicts it's not likely Orbi is causing these issues.  It's more likely something is not configured correctly or things are not connected correctly. It's impossible to tell for sure without further information about your network, but it sounds like you might have two routers/DHCP servers on your network (Orbi and your ISP modem.)

If you can get on the Internet with your "modem" then it sounds like your modem is also a router.  If that's the case, connect the yellow Orbi WAN port to a LAN port on the modem, and setup Orbi to run in access point mode.

Message 2 of 5
pdawg17
Guide

If you have Circle enabled that could do it. For me if I have it enabled, I have tons of DNS timeout errors on wired and wireless devices. As soon as I turn it off everything is good again...
Message 3 of 5
JammasterC
Star

Go to Advanced Home on orbilogin.

Check out the Internet Port box.

Maybe renew the IP adress(Connection Status) the Orbi is getting from the modem.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

@CyclingIPs wrote:
Orbi has been acting up for a while and now it won’t pass internet through. I’ve tried everything, resetting etc. it says “error not connected” on routerlogin.com.
Before this it’s been doing a thing where it get me online on a given device and then kicks me off saying that another device is using the IP address. Then it goes to a higher number and repeats the cycle. Forever.
The more pressing issue is the complete lack of internet. Our modem is working fine and the Ethernet confirms this. Orbi seems like such a great attempt but ultimately it’s been a huge letdown. I’ve been in denial - sunk cost - but if I can’t get this working wit regularity I’ll never buy from Netgear again. Thanks for listening!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7