Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

no internet orbi rbr20

Pratl
Follower

no internet orbi rbr20

Working with Motorola SB6141 cable modem

No WiFi internet

I do have internet if I plug directly from Mac to modem

Firmware 2.3.5.26 installed on both satellaite and router, in that order manually

I have then
1 unplugged modem, router, and Ethernet cord
2 powered on modem and waited 2 mins
3 Plugged Ethernet cable into modem and internet jack of orbi router
4 powered router on and waited 2 mins
5 powered on satellite

Orbi router software shows under basic tab
- internet connection is GOOD
- attaches devices. Only my Mac

Please help. I’ve got 3 teens needing internet for school and I’ve been down 3 days!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: no internet orbi rbr20

On the Home Page where it says the internet connection is Good, under "Wireless" it should have the WiFi name (SSID) and the password should be scrolling across the screen.  Maybe it has gone back to the factory default (printed on the bottom label)?

If the "Attached Devices" screen shows only the Mac that is connected to a LAN port, then the router and satellite are not synced.

Message 2 of 7
pandi79
Aspirant

Is this issue resolved?. I have the same problem with the similar configuration.

1. Comcast internet

2. Arris SB6141 model for more than a year

3. Orbi RBR20 router. Connected interenet 'yellow' port in router to modem

Everything was working fine for 1 year, but suddenly my Orbi router started solid pink and not having wifi signal.

These are the steps I took to try to sort out the issue, but had no luck

1. Unplug the modem and switch off orbi router and turn on modem and router. Did multiple times.

2. Removed the cable from Orbi router to modem. And directly connecte the cable from modem to laptop, internet works fine. So, I believe, modem is fine.

3. I have also debugged modem by logon http://192.168.100.1/index.htm . The status shows 'cable modem status=Operational', it confirms modem works fine.

4. I tried switching the port by connecting 'Eternetport' in orbi to modem (instead of connecting 'internet port' in router to modem), that also didn't work.

5. I started debugging by connecting a cable from 'internet port' in router to modem and tried login to  http://192.168.1.1/index.htm, it displays all dashboard, but also displays 'Internet Not connected'

Please help what I am missing hear and why all of sudden the working connection started not working 

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW are you using on the RBR? 

Has the LAN cable between the modem and RBR been swapped out for a know working cable? CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a factory reset been performed with a press of the reset button in back for 15 seconds then let go. Have a wired PC connected to the back of the RBR and using a web browser, walk thru the setup wizard? 

@pandi79 wrote:

Is this issue resolved?. I have the same problem with the similar configuration.

1. Comcast internet

2. Arris SB6141 model for more than a year

3. Orbi RBR20 router. Connected interenet 'yellow' port in router to modem

Everything was working fine for 1 year, but suddenly my Orbi router started solid pink and not having wifi signal.

These are the steps I took to try to sort out the issue, but had no luck

1. Unplug the modem and switch off orbi router and turn on modem and router. Did multiple times.

2. Removed the cable from Orbi router to modem. And directly connecte the cable from modem to laptop, internet works fine. So, I believe, modem is fine.

3. I have also debugged modem by logon http://192.168.100.1/index.htm . The status shows 'cable modem status=Operational', it confirms modem works fine.

4. I tried switching the port by connecting 'Eternetport' in orbi to modem (instead of connecting 'internet port' in router to modem), that also didn't work.

5. I started debugging by connecting a cable from 'internet port' in router to modem and tried login to  http://192.168.1.1/index.htm, it displays all dashboard, but also displays 'Internet Not connected'

Please help what I am missing hear and why all of sudden the working connection started not working 

Message 4 of 7
pandi79
Aspirant

My FW is V2.3.5.26, I attached few status record and FW details and dashboard details.

The cable is perfectly fine because I used the cable that came with Orbi router package.

I did few things after I took screen shot of the dashboard details.

1. Changed my orbi from Router to AP mode in UI

2. Pressed Reset button in Orbi router and Orbi Satellite

3. Unplugged modem and Plugged again

4. PLugged Orbi router 'plugged yellow port to modem' and also tried connecting 'ethernet port to modem'

5. Now, I tried to open 192.168.1.1, this GUI page is not opening that opened previously when my orbi was in 'router mode'

6. I have also tried setting up fresh with orbi app, all the steps are going through , except that wifi is not coming up.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

@pandi79 wrote:

My FW is V2.3.5.26, I attached few status record and FW details and dashboard details.

The cable is perfectly fine because I used the cable that came with Orbi router package.

I did few things after I took screen shot of the dashboard details.

3. Unplugged modem and Plugged again

4. PLugged Orbi router 'plugged yellow port to modem' and also tried connecting 'ethernet port to modem'

5. Now, I tried to open 192.168.1.1, this GUI page is not opening that opened previously when my orbi was in 'router mode'. When the RBR is in AP mode, the .1.1 address will no longer be available. You can use orbilogin.com or look at your main host routers connected client table and see if you see the Orbi RBR listed there, if so, it will show it's new IP address. You can use this IP adderss to access the RBR in AP mode. However this mode wont' work as you don't have a router in front of the RBR. Your SB6141 is a modem only, no router here. So set back to router mode. 

6. I have also tried setting up fresh with orbi app, all the steps are going through , except that wifi is not coming up. Do you see the RBRs default ORBI## wifi SSID on any of your wifi devices? 

When in router mode, the RBR should be set for Dynamic DHCP instead of PPPoE unless your ISP service requires you to use the PPPoE connection. The SB6141 is a cable modem and mostly uses Dynamic DHCP, not PPPoE. This will need a user name and account information here. Contact your ISP about this to confirm. 

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch and walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC connected to the RBR. Use a web browser pointed to 192.168.1.1.

Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

On the screen shot, I am confused that it shows "PPoE" for the connection type.

I was not aware that Comcast uses PPoE.  Example, this link:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/ISP-PPPoE/td-p/3265191 

It would help to have more precise description on this:

@pandi79 wrote:

Changing the Orbi from router to AP mode will not work because the Arris is only a modem (not a router).  This is actually a "good thing".  Having two routers is generally not advised.

"Pressed Reset Button" is ambiguous.  i.e. "Pressed and let go" or "Pressed until the power LED began to flash amber"?

My advice is to actually "Press until the LED turns amber and starts to flash".  This will put the Orbi back into router mode as it is supposed to be.  Then, please report the sequence of the "ring lights", whether the Orbi begins broadcasting the WiFi name printed on the label, and what it shows on that internet screen.  192.168.1.1 should be the IP address of the Orbi.

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7