Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

obri voice rbs40v

pugs
Follower

obri voice rbs40v

I got new internet and am trying set up the orbi extender/smart speaker and I keep getting a message that it is not registered, but it is and it won't connect

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: obri voice rbs40v

It would help to know more about "connect", as in:

• The satellite will not connect to the router? or,
  • The satellite works as a satellite, but enabling the Voice feature creates an error?

Message 2 of 7
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello pugs,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

You are getting this message because your device is not registered with NETGEAR. 

Please navigate to the link below for instructions on how to register your RBS40V:

How do I register a product on MyNETGEAR? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@KevinLiT wrote:

You are getting this message because your device is not registered with NETGEAR. 

This seems inconsistent with Post #1 where he says "but it is and it won't connect".

Also, I do not recall registering a product with Netgear being a requirement to connect it to a system.

The Orbi app, which is essential for activating the Alexa part of Orbi voice absolutely requires a Netgear account login.

Very confusing situation.

Message 4 of 7
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Crimpon,

Thanks for your post!

Have you experienced this issue before?

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@KevinLiT wrote:

Have you experienced this issue before?

No. My two RBS40V's connected as satellites and both activated the "Voice" feature using the app.

Only one of the RBS40V's appears on my list of registered products. (must have overlooked registering one of the two. not much point in figuring out which since they are both out of warranty.).

Thus, my experience shows that registering an RBS40V is not a requirement for it to connect as a satellite, and also not a requirement for the Voice feature to be activated.

I am just terribly literal.  The Original Poster (OP) said, " I keep getting a message that it is not registered, but it is and it won't connect".  Is the OP incorrect (product is not actually registered)?  Or, what does "won't connect" mean?

I should probably mention that I never use the Orbi app for anything important, like connecting a new satellite. However, the Voice settings can be done only on the Orbi app.

Message 6 of 7
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Crimpon,

Thank you for your acknowledgment!!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats