Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi AC3000 router will not recognize my TP-link 5-port gigabit desktop switch any suggestons on why

tjnorth
Aspirant

orbi AC3000 router will not recognize my TP-link 5-port gigabit desktop switch any suggestons on why

I have plugged in my Ethernet cord from orbi to my gigbit switch and nothing works the is in my 5 port gigabit switch. Any reason why? My 5 - port gigabit is a tp-link TL-SG1005D

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi AC3000 router will not recognize my TP-link 5-port gigabit desktop switch any suggestons on

Dod you see any connectivity LED activity when you connect the cable between the router and switch?

Try a different known working LAN cable and test. CAT6 is recommended...

" the is in my 5 port gigabit switch." < Huh?

Message 2 of 7
tjnorth
Aspirant

Re: orbi AC3000 router will not recognize my TP-link 5-port gigabit desktop switch any suggestons on

I have netgear modem CM500V plugged in to ORBI AC3000 router to  a TP-link 5 port gigabit switch TL-SG1005D.  Nothing that is plugged into the 5 port works and I do have lights on at each port that is plugged in?? Any suggestions

Message 3 of 7
tjnorth
Aspirant

additional info if I take an ethernet cable that was in the 5 port link and go direct in router it works fine but if I plug it back into 5 port it will not work.  That is why i think the orbi does not recognize 5 port switch and I dont know how to fix it. Also all cables are new Cat 6

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different switch to see.

I have NG 5 port, D-Link 8, and HP switches connected to my router. All work fine.

Message 5 of 7
tjnorth
Aspirant

ok thanks for your help... I am beginning to think its the 5 port too .. I think I will go get a net gear one to work with all the net gear equipment

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure it's a NON managed switch. Some problems surrounding managed switches and Orbi systems.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7