Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi RBR problems

johninuk
Aspirant

orbi RBR problems

hello please can you help I have minimal IT skills, ihave a orbi RBR50 and BRs50  satalites when i check the app it says they are all connected and working good, i have 3 satalites all not that far away from eash other so should have supper wifi conisdering the cost but even though it says they are all working fine it seems we are connected to the main router and if we go in any other room even with the satalite in the room we cant get internet.

we only have 1 wifi connection so cant get that wrong 

if i disconnect one of them they all go red and when they re sync they are all good they seem like they are all working as they should but just not sending a wifi around the house 

any ideas what i need to do 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi RBR problems

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 7
johninuk
Aspirant

i dont know what all them letters mean sorry, we have the latest firmware i do know that i will go through you list and try fine all them bits and check them

i have a vodafone router 

some of the settings in the app
WPA2-PSK [AES]
Hardware Version   RBR50 Firmware Version   V2.3.5.30 GUI Language Version   V1.0.0.360 Operation Mode   AP  is AP mode right ????

Message 3 of 7
johninuk
Aspirant

i have a big house but only need internet in part of it they are all 20 to 30 feet from each other 

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Possibly. 

We need to check What is the Manufacturer and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Possible this modem has a built in wifi router already. So maybe your RBR is in AP mode. 

Message 5 of 7
johninuk
Aspirant

so my vodaone router all it says is a HHG2500 thats all it says no make 🙂 its what vodafone give you what you switch over i know that dont help i do think its a HUAWEI 

that is the router that supplies the wifi 

i am not sure what isp and ng is but i think i understand they are to to router next to eat other the RBR50 and the vodafone 

i only know its in AP as i see a IT freind change it over and said this will make it work right as we was having probmlems with lots of dialog boxes coming up with questions that we had no way of filling in like a user name and password on normal web pages ??

i must say i have had trouble with these since i got them its been a nightmare and no one will talk to me on phone as these was here when i moved in 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I see yes that model has wifi and a router built in. Reason why your Orbi in in AP mode then. This is fine. Seen review that its not a great modem as well. 

Need to find out if your IT friend disabled the modems WiFI radios as well. if these radios are also running, then this would be an additional cause of problems with the Orbi wifi running. Make sure the modems wifi radios are fully turned OFF. 

You might ask your IT friend to help you with the suggestons I posted for you to try. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7