Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi RBR50 satellite

RIALMADA
Aspirant

orbi RBR50 satellite

if my orbi satellite is with a poor signal (yellow on the network map app), can i plug a ethernet cable from the main orbi directly to the satelitte will fix the signal problem?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi RBR50 satellite

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@RIALMADA wrote:

if my orbi satellite is with a poor signal (yellow on the network map app), can i plug a ethernet cable from the main orbi directly to the satelitte will fix the signal problem?

If you connect the satellite to the Orbi router you will setup a wired backhaul. The nice thing about it is you can move the satellite further from the Router and get broader WIFI coverage. you can also connect a switch to that satellite and run more cable to various other locations.  However if you move the satellite too far, you will lose the overlapping WIFI and could have weak signals in between. 

One advantage is if you wanted to have WIFI in your garage and it's 60+ feet away. You can connect the Satellite to the Router and have great WIFI in your garage perimeter. My setup is similar as I have a detached building. I ran Network cable to it and have 1 satellite in the office garage building. 

Message 2 of 4
RIALMADA
Aspirant

thank you very much.

only one more question.

@Mstrbig wrote:

@RIALMADA wrote:

If you connect the satellite to the Orbi router you will setup a wired backhaul. The nice thing about it is you can move the satellite further from the Router and get broader WIFI coverage. you can also connect a switch to that satellite and run more cable to various other locations.  However if you move the satellite too far, you will lose the overlapping WIFI and could have weak signals in between. 

One advantage is if you wanted to have WIFI in your garage and it's 60+ feet away. You can connect the Satellite to the Router and have great WIFI in your garage perimeter. My setup is similar as I have a detached building. I ran Network cable to it and have 1 satellite in the office garage building. 

and if in this path, between the router and the satellitte, have two switchs. will be a problem?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?
https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7