Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi RBR50 will not connect to the internet despite workin Ethernet cable being attached

jondegooner
Follower

orbi RBR50 will not connect to the internet despite workin Ethernet cable being attached

Hi, I am very frustrated with my Orbi router as I have not yet been able to connect it to the internet.  I have tried the Ethernet cable direct to my PC and also to my Nighthawk router and yet the Orbi indicates "not connected to the internet" when I try do a set up.

I have contacted Verizon Fios and had the DCHP released and have the ethernet cable going from my ONT directly to my Orbi router (just like I had the nighthawk set up) and it will not connect despite several re-boots and resets.

If there is anyone that could point me in the right direction I woul be more than grateful.  I am at the point now wher I want to send them back, which is soo dissapointing as I researched Mesh systems for a very long time and decided that the Orbi was the best option. 

Thank you in advance.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: orbi RBR50 will not connect to the internet despite workin Ethernet cable being attached

Since no one seems to have a suggestion yet, I have to ask, "the ethernet cable is connected from the modem to the yellow (WAN) jack on the Orbi, correct?  And, you have powered off both the ONT and the Orbi.  Powered the ONT up, waited a minute, and then powered up the Orbi?

How are you doing the setup?  (computer wired to Orbi with ethernet, or over WiFi?)

Message 2 of 9
JessicaK
Tutor

Re: orbi RBR50 will not connect to the internet despite workin Ethernet cable being attached

I’m interested in any help with this too. My Orbi RBR50 is having the same issues- I get to the app where it’s trying to connect to the satellite then nothing tries to connect FOREVER if I let it. Have done factory resets also. All I did was move to a new house and have a different internet provider

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Have you powered OFF the ISP modem/ONT for 30 seconds then back on and let it sync? While thats happening factory reset the RBR by pressing the reset button in back for 15 seconds then release. Walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC connected to the RBR and open a web browser to orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1

@JessicaK wrote:

I’m interested in any help with this too. My Orbi RBR50 is having the same issues- I get to the app where it’s trying to connect to the satellite then nothing tries to connect FOREVER if I let it. Have done factory resets also. All I did was move to a new house and have a different internet provider

Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@jondegooner wrote:

Hi, I am very frustrated with my Orbi router as I have not yet been able to connect it to the internet.  I have tried the Ethernet cable direct to my PC and also to my Nighthawk router and yet the Orbi indicates "not connected to the internet" when I try do a set up.

I have contacted Verizon Fios and had the DCHP released and have the ethernet cable going from my ONT directly to my Orbi router (just like I had the nighthawk set up) and it will not connect despite several re-boots and resets.

If there is anyone that could point me in the right direction I woul be more than grateful.  I am at the point now wher I want to send them back, which is soo dissapointing as I researched Mesh systems for a very long time and decided that the Orbi was the best option. 

Thank you in advance.

Are you trying to run the Nighthawk router and the Orbi at the same time?  If so, one must be in the AP mode.

Message 5 of 9
JessicaK
Tutor

Worked!!! Thanks!
Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@JessicaK wrote:
Worked!!! Thanks!

What worked?

Message 7 of 9
JessicaK
Tutor

what @FURRYe38 Said to do
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to make a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves times if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@JessicaK wrote:
what @FURRYe38 Said to do

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7