Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi RBS50 Blocking devices latest firmware

zad3717
Initiate

orbi RBS50 Blocking devices latest firmware

Hi,

Have the Orbi RBS50 and its updated to the latest FW thinking it would fix the Circle issue ( it didn't) for the last couple of days I've had random drop outs and then this morning thought Virgin had gone down so spoke with them and they said there was an issue but it was sorted. So did the usual reboot etc.

Still nothing but oddly could connect to an extender I have hooked up in the conservatory and got internet! 

So plugged my laptop directly into the Orbi Router to have a look or do a reset. Looked in the Access Control part and the majority of my devices had been added to the Blocked list. I unticked the Access Control and everything is working perfectly.

Anyone else? I've left the Access control off for now until the next fw unless I can roll back to the last fw but not sure where I would get that from.

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: orbi RBS50 Blocking devices latest firmware

@zad3717 wrote:

unless I can roll back to the last fw but not sure where I would get that from.

Every version of firmware for the RBR50/RBS50 are available at the Netgear support web page.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx#download 

Click on the plus sign, and it will show every version.

You can download, unpack (unzip) to get the .img files, and use the "Manual Firmware" option in the Orbi web browser, Advanced Tab, Administration, Firmware Update.  ("Update" also includes "Downdate" - is that a word?)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7