Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi RBS50Y Windows 10 laptop wont connect. All driver updates are done.

pgrosejones
Follower

orbi RBS50Y Windows 10 laptop wont connect. All driver updates are done.

Hi, My windows 10 laptop wont find the Orbi outdoor via wifi. It finds the house wifi which is 50mts further away and I can hot spot my phone quite easily. My iphone and ipad find the Orbi  straight away. Strangely enough I can see it in Manage known networks but it doesn't have any details attached. I have set it up as unsecure would that be it ?

I would really like some help. Thanks Pete

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?

If your laptop won't connect to an unsecure wifi SSID, then you'll need to look into Windows settings or the laptop hard ware. If other devices are connecting and this one laptop won't, problem will be with this laptop. 

What happens if you set up WPA2 and AES only on the Orbi system and RBSY?  Will the LT connect then? 

@pgrosejones wrote:

Hi, My windows 10 laptop wont find the Orbi outdoor via wifi. It finds the house wifi which is 50mts further away and I can hot spot my phone quite easily. My iphone and ipad find the Orbi  straight away. Strangely enough I can see it in Manage known networks but it doesn't have any details attached. I have set it up as unsecure would that be it ?

Message 2 of 4
broce381
Aspirant

Before you start, ensure your device is connected to a power source and associated with the web. At that point, attempt the means recorded below to get your PC to refresh.

A few updates require manager get to. On the off possibility that your record doesn't have moderator get to, see Create a nearby client or administrator account in Windows 10. Or on the other hand on the off chance that another person at home or in your office has a head account on your gadget, take a cut at requesting that they install the updates.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@pgrosejones wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7