Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi RBS50v2 firmware updates

mckin
Aspirant

orbi RBS50v2 firmware updates

Just purchases yesterday. Followed setup on line. The router did the update and 1 satelite did. 1 Satelite did not do firmware update. Can someone help me proceed. 

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi RBS50v2 firmware updates

Is the RBS connected to the RBR? If so, just download the FW file for the RBS thru the RBR or you can connect to the RBSs web page and manually load it there. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 2 of 6
mckin
Aspirant

It is no longer connected so I cannot manually update it. Is there a way to reconnect it?
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this:

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. Press the reset button on the back of the RBS for 15 seconds then release. 

When the satellites are reset, wait about 5 minute. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The IP address of the satellite will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Do this for both satellites. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR.

Message 4 of 6
mckin
Aspirant

I have followed your directions to update my satelite. Every time i try to download the FW it says it is corrupted. I have been dealing with this for over a week now. I need some direction or i need to return it. This is too expensive to not be able to utilize both satelites. This is for the orbe RBS50v2. I am extreemly disappointed at this time.

Tami McKinley

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you download the RBS50 FW file from NG support site and then unpack the .zip file to reveal the actual FW file that you need to send to the RBS? If so, and it's not taking it, I would return the RBS and try another one. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7