Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi RbK53 - losing internet every night @ 10:00 PM

tripletdaddy
Aspirant

orbi RbK53 - losing internet every night @ 10:00 PM

Is anyone else losing all internet connectivity on all wired/wireless interfaces every night at the same time? wifi is up. speed test works. nslookup against the router and an external dns like 8.8.8.8 works. Just no internet. Then it starts working about 20 minues laster. I suspect something screwy with parental or security. But the logs have zero info unless I'm missing something. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
TM1602 modem? 
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 9
tripletdaddy
Aspirant

Latest firmware, Router Mode, size of home is irrelevant, we don't lose wifi. We lose Internet outbound (but DNS still works). Router and sateltites location irrelevent, but all are well within 30 feet.. Channel seems irrelevant since wifi is not a problem internally. 

*** Interesting obsservation last night. Same behavior after disabled an account on Circle ****

Paused internet on single profile and all internet stopped for all devices. Immediately unpaused Internet and single profile and all Internet connectivity restored. I suspect Circle is buggy and will try and re-create with debug logging enabled.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @tripletdaddy, please keep us posted on this.

Dexter

Message 4 of 9
tripletdaddy
Aspirant

There may be a coorelation between pausing the Internet for profiles in Circle and losing Internet for everybody. Last night we lost internet shortly after pausing three profiles. Then I unpaused via circle and no help. Followed by reboot router via Orbi app and Internet connectivity restored. Didn't enable logging. But I will soon. Was on-call all week and too damn tired to work on this...also got a note from Netgear support, I have to reach out to them.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

There are known issues with Circle. I would not enabled it if your having problems with it. Let NG support know about this for sure. 

Message 6 of 9
Blackhawk50
Aspirant

The last 2 nights I have lost internet on mine at exactly 9:00pm.

I'm not sure what it is. It may have to do with renewing IP addresses around then, but I'm not sure. Comcast has had issues around this time as well so I want to give mine more time before I definitively say it is the Orbi's fault, but every night at 9pm EST exactly I lose connection.

Not sure what it could be. I don't use Circle.

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@Blackhawk50 wrote:

The last 2 nights I have lost internet on mine at exactly 9:00pm.

I'm not sure what it is. It may have to do with renewing IP addresses around then, but I'm not sure. Comcast has had issues around this time as well so I want to give mine more time before I definitively say it is the Orbi's fault, but every night at 9pm EST exactly I lose connection.

Not sure what it could be. I don't use Circle.

Message 8 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Blackhawk50

Adding to the requested information by@FURRYe38, may we know the following: 

- Can you still access the router login page when issue occur?

- Does it affect all devices connected to the network? 

- Will it just reconnect or do you need to turn off and on the router and/or modem? 

For isolation, bypass the Orbi router, connect a computer to the modem and check if Internet stopped working at 9PM. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7