Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi ac300 says offline but satellite is online--Verizon fios triple play

MA1212
Aspirant

orbi ac300 says offline but satellite is online--Verizon fios triple play

Hey everyone,  

I recently bought the orbi ac 3000 wifi mesh system which inlcuded a single router and a single satellite. I have verizon fios w/ triple play(tv,phone,internet) as my provider. I turned off the wifi on the verizon fios gateway modem/router and attached my orbi router to the device. Everything was fine for about a week where it said that my orbi router and satellite were both online. Well, today it says that my orbi router is offline but that my satellite is online. My internet seems to working ok, but I am wondering what the issue is and what are the limitations to my internet if it continues to say that my orbi router is offline. I saw previous posts about this but none of which were corresponding to people who used verizon fios as their provider. 

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this issue, please let me know. All help is appreciate. Thank you so much. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: orbi ac300 says offline but satellite is online--Verizon fios triple play

@MA1212 wrote:

I recently bought the orbi ac 3000 wifi mesh system which inlcuded a single router and a single satellite. I have verizon fios w/ triple play(tv,phone,internet) as my provider. I turned off the wifi on the verizon fios gateway modem/router and attached my orbi router to the device. Everything was fine for about a week where it said that my orbi router and satellite were both online. Well, today it says that my orbi router is offline but that my satellite is online. My internet seems to working ok, but I am wondering what the issue is and what are the limitations to my internet if it continues to say that my orbi router is offline.

This notice about the Orbi being "offline" is from what? (The Orbi web interface or the Orbi "app"?)

Message 2 of 4
MA1212
Aspirant

it is from the orbi app.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@MA1212 wrote:

it is from the orbi app.

This seems to be a question that comes up a lot.  All I can figure is that the "app" does some kind of web check to a Netgear site to determine, "Yes, the internet IS working." and that check fails.  The people who participate in the community forum devoted to the Orbi app may have a more nuanced understanding, so you might post the question (or search) there:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7