Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi app not connecting via remote management (to two different remote routers)

mrompala
Follower

orbi app not connecting via remote management (to two different remote routers)

Today I tried to connect via remote management to two Orbi routers.  I push "connect with remote management", and the two routers are showing up, but when I choose a router I get a screen saying WiFi Not Detected (with two buttons - Try Again and Connect Remotely).  I logged into one of the routers using the ip address in a web browser and everything looked fine.  Before today, I have used the Orbi app extensively and have not had a problem.  App version 2.4.12.5, both Orbis are fw 2.3.5.30

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: orbi app not connecting via remote management (to two different remote routers)

Hello Orbi Community, 

Please be advised that we have been made aware of an issue with Remote Management functionality not working when using the Orbi or Nighthawk app. This issue should now be resolved. If you're still experiencing issues please send me or any of the other Community Team members a message.

Thank you,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 8
jamienbermy
Tutor

Same issue on remote manegment via ios app

I can't find the thread on the app message baord

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Post a new post if you don't see one. 

@jamienbermy wrote:

Same issue on remote manegment via ios app

I can't find the thread on the app message baord

Message 4 of 8
jamienbermy
Tutor

Message 5 of 8
Kenjimaru
Tutor

Same issue here, cant find thread of the same issue
Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You can select on the link and post there or make a new post over on the Orbi app forum.

Good Luck. 

@Kenjimaru wrote:
Same issue here, cant find thread of the same issue

Message 7 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi Community, 

Please be advised that we have been made aware of an issue with Remote Management functionality not working when using the Orbi or Nighthawk app. This issue should now be resolved. If you're still experiencing issues please send me or any of the other Community Team members a message.

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7